Sense + Respond: Real-Time Solutions for Multi-Channel Retailers
THOROFARE, N.J.- Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (NYSE:CKP) has collaborated with Microsoft Corp. to come up with a cloud based merchandise visibility solution, Sense + Respond, with features to provide multi-channel retailers with flexible and fast deployment options to leverage real time insights and predictive analytics.
Sense + Respond is based on Checkpoint’s leading Internet of Things (IoT) based platform meant specifically for the retailers. The solution further combines the power of OAT Foundation Suite and the Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions to enable retailers in making decisions based on real time insights.
“In the race to win shopper loyalty, retailers must find better, faster ways to understand and engage connected consumers across channels,” said Uwe Sydon, Senior Vice President of Innovation, Checkpoint Systems. “As the global RFID deployment leader, we chose to collaborate with Microsoft to create a scalable, easy-to-deploy merchandise visibility solution that enables retailers to quickly realize value.”
Checkpoint’s new Merchandise visibility solution is instrumental in impacting the retail revenues by:
• Increasing customer engagement and conversion rates across channels through real time, sensor enabled shopper insights that can be integrated with business intelligence tools and other systems of record.
• Improving supply chain agility and optimizing last mile delivery by ensuring real time inventory transparency and order fulfillment process automation.
• Increasing shelf availability in-store through improved inventory tracking and accuracy.
• Ensuring faster deployments and lower total cost of ownership through high performance delivering cloud solutions and IT architecture solutions.
• Integrating multi-modal sensor data such as RFID, NFC, Location-based etc. with a retailer’s existing record system for a 360 degree view of customer behavior and the touch points.
According to Brendan O’Meara, Managing Director of Worldwide Retail and Consumer Goods, Microsoft, “Retailers are increasingly deploying sensor solutions for real-time insights at each step in the shopping journey, whether online, on mobile devices or in brick and mortar stores. Checkpoint’s Sense + Respond solution running on the Microsoft Azure IoT Suite integrates RFID and enterprise systems into an intelligent cloud that ‘connects the dots’ of the modern shopper experience and empowers retailers to respond quickly to fast-evolving consumer needs.”
Checkpoint is set to offer this innovative solution in early 2016 through its worldwide sales team. The company is planning to hold a demonstration at the NRF Big Show between being held from January 17- 20, 2016, to showcase the Sense + Respond solution.